Never do these things to your lawn
It’s usually pretty easy to maintain a lawn but there are some things you shouldn’t do in order for things to become even easier.
- Do not remove grass clippings – The whole leaving grass clippings on the lawn thing causing thatch problems is a myth. They actually help with the health of your lawn.
- Do not use a dull mower blade – They do not slice the grass but rip it which isn’t good for the plant. Lawns that are mowed with a dull mower blade look brown on the top.
- Do not water it every day – Do not water it every day but choose one day a week and water it for an hour.
- Dethatch – Build up decomposing grass stems, roots, clippings, and debris can choke your lawn over time. So make sure you remove them often.
- Do not wait too long between mowing
- Do not skip reseeding
- Do not cut the grass too short – Different grass has different optimal cutting height so research and find out what yours is.
- Do not mow in the same direction every time – Make sure you mow in different directions each time.
- Do not when your lawn is wet
- Do not apply too much grass fertilizer